ICC Membership Process
Accredited institutions of higher education in Indiana are eligible to become members of Indiana Campus Compact. To become a member, interested campuses should contact Indiana Campus Compact to initiate the membership process which includes:
- Conversations between Indiana Campus Compact staff members and representatives of the institution.
- A meeting between the Executive Director of Indiana Campus Compact and the President/Chancellor of the institution to discuss membership details.
- The President/Chancellor of the institution submits a letter of application for membership to the Indiana Campus Compact Board of Directors.
- The Indiana Campus Compact Board of Directors considers and votes on the application for membership.
Once an institution is accepted for membership, the campus becomes a member of both Indiana Campus Compact and National Campus Compact.
As a member of these two organizations, the President/Chancellor of an institution is expected to fulfill the following membership duties:
- Pay annual membership dues.
- Update the annual contact list for their institution to ensure that Indiana Campus Compact has the most up to date and accurate contacts for the campus.
- Appoint three (3) to four (4) campus liaisons to the Indiana Campus Compact Networking Council. These representatives should include a faculty liaison, a faculty or staff person who functions as a Community Service Director, and one or two student liaisons. Networking Council (representatives are encouraged to represent their campus at one (1) of the fall regional Networking Council meetings and at the Service Engagement Summit each spring.
- Ensure the completion of the National Campus Compact survey each year.
- Support and promote the Campus Compact concepts of service, service learning and community engagement as integral parts of the higher education experience.