Partner With Us
ePortfolios and Digital Storytelling
What's new and exciting in Service Engagement? ePortfolios and Digital Storytelling
From the Center for Service and Learning Newsletter:
There are many ways to assist students in making meaning of their experiences through reflection; this Fall semester, CSL piloted the innovative strategy of Digital Storytelling. Digital Stories are “short videos that employ images (still and/or motion) and sounds (spoken words and music) in a multilayered, economical narrative, the goal of which is to capture the essence of an experience. Many blogs are digital stories, and so are some tweets, but when using capital case, it refers to both a kind of video story as well as the methodology used to produce them” (Reilly, D). Read entire article
- ePortfolios & Service Engagement: A Perfect Marriage. According to the Lumina Degree Qualifications Profile, civic learning is important on every type of college campus.
- The Power of Digital Storytelling as an Emerging Strategy in Service Learning.Digital storytelling is a creative way to integrate technology and learning in any discipline.
Project on Civic Reflection - College and University Resources
Colleges and universities across the country are strengthening their efforts to fulfill their civic mission—to educate students in academic subjects, but also to help students become engaged, effective citizens. Whether the ultimate goal is to empower students to learn academic content or to improve the communities around them and address public problems, civic reflection is a powerful tool for building the capacity of faculty, staff and students.
LEAP Campus Toolkit
- LEAP 101: Getting Started
- Learning Outcomes & Assessment
- Student Success
- Making Excellence Inclusive
- High-Impact Practices
- General Education
- Resource Library
- LEAP Projects
Community Service Director Institute Resources
Participant only resources