The Campus Compact Board of Directors announced today that Dr. Andrew Seligsohn has been appointed the next president of the organization, effective June 2014. He succeeds Maureen F. Curley who is retiring after serving in the role since 2006. Seligsohn currently serves as Associate Chancellor for Civic Engagement and Strategic Planning at Rutgers University–Camden.
As president, Seligsohn will oversee the nation's largest national organization dedicated to civic engagement in higher education. Campus Compact has more than 1,100 national and international member institutions with 34 state affiliates. Headquartered in Boston, Campus Compact has a long tradition of leadership in the field of civic engagement and an extensive, diverse network of Presidents, faculty and staff to sustain and support the community engagement efforts of our members.
Congratualtions to our 2014 Service Engagement Award winners and 2014 Newman Civic Fellows who were recognized at a luncheon and awards program as part of the Service Engagement Summit on March 27, 2014.
Service Engagement Award Winners:
- Peter Woo, University of Notre Dame - 2014 Richard J. Wood Student Community Commitment Award (Mr. Woo will lead a session for students as part of the Service Engagement Summit on Friday, March 28, 2014)
- Terri Russ, Saint Mary's College - 2014 Brian Douglas Hiltunen Faculty Award for the Scholarship of Engagement
- Stephanie Moran, Anderson University - 2014 Outstanding Community Service Director Award
- Hawthorne Social Service Agency, nominated by IUPUI - 2014 Outstanding Community Partner Award
Newman Civic Fellows:
- Yusanda Blackmon, Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana-Northeast
- Sarah Fischer, Ball State University
- Christina Gutiérrez, University of Notre Dame
- Brandon Harris, Indiana State University
- Matthew Migliorini, Purdue University North Central
- Julie Murray, University of Saint Francis
Nominate a yourself or a colleague for one of our four awards in 2015 - applications available Fall 2014
United Way Alternative Spring Break: Urban Plunge - Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW), Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana - Northeast, and the University of Saint Francis. Read article
Cesar Chavez Day of Service in the Potawatomi Greenhouse Community Garden. - Indiana Univeristy South Bend
Check out the IUSB service-learing facebook page.
Alternative Break Service Trip to Bona Chica, Dominican Republic
- Indiana State University. Read article
Mission, South Dakota, Rosebud Indian Reservation, Lakota Tribe - IUPUI - Read article
Detroit, Michigan, Cass Community Social Services - IUPUI - Read article
To stay informed about professional development events and grant opportunities, download the 2013-2014 Indiana Campus Compact calendar or use the online calendar to search by year, month, or constituent group.
Download 2013-2014 Calendar PDF